Our menu is creative and refined using the best of seasonal and local produce complemented by an extensive wine list. Starters are served with homemade bread. We cater for nearly all diets (including vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy free etc.) if we are informed in advance.
Price for a 4 course dinner: £30.00 per person or £55.00 for two people
We start serving dinner at 7.00pm and last orders are taken at 8.00pm.
For hotel guests the price of the 4 course dinner is included in the dinner, bed & breakfast rate.
- Smoked salmon and prawns served on an apple and melon salad
- Ballotine of quail with a game stuffing wrapped in Parma ham served with a fig compote and Ambleside gingerbread crumbs
- Portobello mushroom sauteed with garlic and basil gratinated with tomato and cream (veg)
- Smoked mackerel fillet with beetroot, watercress, horseradish and new potatoes
- Crispy goat's cheese with red onion marmalade, walnuts, honey and a rosemary dressing (veg)
- Soup of the day
- Sorbet or soup
- Trio of lamb (cutlet, croquette and braised shoulder) with pearl onions, balsamic and thyme
- Loin of cod served with a citrus and chive butter sauce
- Supreme of guineafowl with Pancetta lardons and a prune and Port sauce
- Panfried fillet of seabass with a crab salad, tomato and a chilli and oragano dressing
- Grilled sirloin steak (£3.50 extra) served with wild mushrooms and a Cumberland mustard and Brandy sauce
- Morroccan spiced chick pea and vegetable cakes served with aioli (veg)
- Cannelloni filled with butternut squash and feta cheese sprinkled with pine nuts (veg)
- All main courses are served with vegetables and potatoes
- White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake
- Blueberry crème brulee
- Rhubarb and apple crumble with custard
- Lemon tart with lemon burst ice cream
- Grasmere gingerbread and meringue ice cream tart
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream and a sticky toffee sauce
- Lakes ice cream with fresh fruit
- Selection of cumbrian cheeses (£3.50 extra)
We also recommend an extra starter, main course and dessert each day.