Our menu is creative and refined using the best of seasonal and local produce complemented by an extensive wine list. Starters are served with homemade bread. We cater for nearly all diets (including vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy free etc.) if we are informed in advance.
Price for a 4 course dinner: £30 per person or £50 for two people.
We start serving dinner at 7.00pm and last orders are taken at 8.00pm.
For hotel guests who have booked dinner prior to arrival, the price of the 4 course dinner is included in the dinner, bed & breakfast rate.
- Smoked salmon and prawns served with an apple and fennel salad
- Forest floor mushrooms sautéed in herb butter served on toasted granary bread
- Home oak smoked duck breast with pomegranate seeds and a honey and thyme dressing
- Filo pastry parcel filled with Stilton, pear and walnuts served with dower house chutney
- Soup of the day
- Sorbet or soup
- Lamb braised with redcurrants and thyme served with a lamb cutlet
- Grilled fillet of seabass with lemon infused oil and tomato coulis
- Supreme of guineafowl with a pink peppercorn and tarragon sauce
- Oven baked cod loin with a dill and lime sauce
- Grilled rib eye steak with garlic and herb butter (£3.00 extra)
- All main courses are served with vegetables and potatoes
- Chocolate and Baileys cheesecake
- Blueberry crème brulee
- Rhubarb and apple crumble with custard
- Strawberry Panna Cotta
- Grasmere gingerbread and meringue ice cream tart
- Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream and a sticky toffee sauce
- Lakes ice cream with fresh fruit
- Cheese and biscuits (£3.00 extra)
We also recommend an extra starter, main course and dessert each day.