We believe that by limiting the number of dishes we are able to present to our guests a more creative and refined 4 course dinner using fresh and local produce. The food is complemented by home made bread. We cater for nearly all diets if we are informed in advance.
Price for a 4 course dinner:
£30 per person or £48 for two people.
We start serving dinner at 7.00pm and last orders are taken at 8.00pm.
For hotel guests who have booked dinner prior to arrival, the price of the 4 course dinner is included in the dinner, bed & breakfast rate.
- Mackerel and prawn mousse, Cantaloupe melon, lime and horseradish sauce
- Home smoked duck breast with a honey and thyme dressing
- Warm goatís cheese, caramelised pear and a balsamico reduction
- Smoked salmon and prawns served with an apple and fennel salad
- Mediterranean tartlet, wild Roquette leaves, pine kernels and pesto
- Rack of Herdwick lamb, red currant and rosemary reduction
- Grilled fillet of sea bass, caper and anchovy sauce
- Breast of guineafowl, Pancetta and wild mushroom jus
- Hake fillet with a saffron sauce
- Aubergine filled with vegetable couscous, figs, almonds and Morroccon herbs
- White chocolate tart and Damson smoothie
- Pear poached in mulled wine and double Jersey ice cream
- Sarah Nelsonís Grasmere gingerbread ice tart
- Cumbrian Sticky toffee pudding with ice cream and a sticky toffee sauce
- Orange and lemon parfait